Advanced seminar (Hauptseminar) hybrid electronic systems 5 ECTS
Registration at TUMonline (limited to 4 participants)
This semester we will offer the following topics
On-Chip ESD Protection (supervisor: M. Stelzer)
Stochastic phase-change neurons (supervisor: Prof. Kreupl)
Silicon Photomultipliers SiPM (supervisor: M. Jung)
Measurement of Dissolved O2 and Conductivity of Water (supervisor: M. Hefele)
The course starts with a lectures, where search strategies are developed and worked out. Students will learn where to look, how to search, how to read information. Equipped with this know how, you will work on one topic, write a 4-page scientific paper about it and present the results to your colleagues in a presentation.
The choice of topics can be selected on a first-come-first-served basis. The student is expected to work out the basics and general principles of a selected technology and discuss the specific implementation.
After participation in this seminar, you will know
- how to search for scientific information effectively
- how to use search engines efficiently
- practice the search strategies by working on a selected topic
- get an technology overview about a specific topic
- train soft skills:
* self dependent learning of a scientific topic
* improving oral presentation skills
* writing a scientific report
Warning: This is a demanding seminar requiring considerable engagement and interest from your side. Best suited for students after the 2nd semester.
Description is in TUMonline.